3300 Model Rockets,
Rocket Launch Project Details
- Students of 8th, 9th, 10th, 11th and 12th Classes
- Course duration – 2 sessions of 1.5 hour each (online) followed by 1 day workshop at the launch site on 5 Nov 2022
- Classes begin from 15 Oct 2022
In Association With
Advantages to Students
- Making rockets is a great way to get children interested in STEM (Science, technology, Engineering, Mathematics) subjects
- Students will learn about rocketry and physics concepts
- Connection between rockets and satellites
- Concepts like Newton’s Laws of motion, thrust, weight, fuels, pressure, streamlining, fluid motion, blast off, flight angle, aerodynamics, etc.
- Increased involvement in studies
- Building self-confidence & character
- Learning to work in teams
- Increase in self-esteem
- Learn to build towards a common goal with classmates
- Opportunity to expand their minds all while having fun
- Leadership & social skills development
- Introduction to project management concepts like cost, safety, weight and impact on environment
What Experts Say
Rocket science has been mythologized all out of proportion to its true difficulty.
If humanity is to become multi-planetary, the fundamental breakthrough that needs to occur in rocketry is a rapidly and completely reusable rocket … achieving it would be on a par with what the Wright brothers did.
There’s the whole myth about rocket science. It’s really not that hard. It’s not brain surgery.